Shared Meals

Leave a Comment
Another amazing thing about Guatemalan culture is the family aspect of their lives. Every child and worker comes home for lunch and dinner each day, focusing on celebrating meals together as a family unit. Schools, shops and work close down so that families can eat together. This truly impacted me as my family has always, always, always done family dinners together every night since forever! My mom cooks, the girls help and then we all come together to eat together at our table when my dad comes home from work. It was beautiful to see this connection made across the city and the huge importance that they put on family. I sincerely enjoyed sharing my meals with the ladies who I shared a home with and our lovely and energetic host family!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment