Let’s Try This Again

Leave a Comment

     Wohoo 2013! We made it! It’s so hard to believe that it’s already 2013. 2012 truly flew by with many triumphs, trials, challenges and adventures! I feel that as I’m getting older that time passes so much faster…although, I’ve come to the conclusion that as you get older, you come to the realization that time is precious. Or maybe it’s just the fact that you have the cognitive understanding of “time” . I don’t know! In short- time flies by!


As 2013 is here, it’s that time again to make our New Year’s Resolution.  I’m not sure about you but I woke up and told myself, “let’s try this again”, because last year’s resolution was essentially flushed down the toilet.
So- this year let’s do this. 

Here’s my New Year’s Resolutions:

*Be ALL there
*Be the best version of myself
*Keep in better contact with family and friends


Be ALL there: When I’m with family, friends, company, work, school, meals, mass, etc. I want to make sure I’m all there in that present moment. I think I’ll do this by putting away technology, and not only actively participate in conversations but actively listen.

Be the best version of myself:  This is essentially me trying to be the best I can be in the following categories:
                -health
                -spirituality
                -studies
                -relationships
                -personal growth and development

               
Keep in better contact with family and friends: I’m going to make a pact to really try to ….wait for it….CALL people this year! It’s crazy how much our technologically advanced world diverts us from using our phones for their main purpose, calling people! So, I’m going to try to call family and friends more this year instead of focusing on email and texting! ***Fingers crossed this goes well

I know there are several resolutions you can make, but I came across this website that had 5 awesome resolutions to make this year: http://www.everythingmom.com/soul/goals-for-the-new-year-5-must-make-resolutions.html


Now, as you make your promises for the year of 2013, I have a couple words of advice:
1. Write them down
                I read that if you write your Resolutions down somewhere where you will be able to see them often, then it will remind you of what you promised yourself to do.

2. Research
                For those of you who are trying to be healthier (I believe that’s a majority of the world’s resolutions), research! I think that the more you know about what you’re trying to do, the more successful you will be. This is so especially in the health resolution. If you research what exercises are good for certain areas of the body, or different diets, or even looking for just a healthier way of life recipe( look up the South beach Diet), I believe it will help you to not go in blindly and them have a more sound way to start and continue your resolution.
3. Be realistic
                It’s so easy to make crazy goals that are unattainable or soon to be forgotten. So, when contemplating, really challenge yourself to pick a goal or two to help you grow as a person and set the world on fire!


Here’s a link about tips on keeping your Resolutions:

http://ibdcrohns.about.com/cs/mentalhealth/a/newyearresolve.htm
Here are the top 10 most common Resolutions:
http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/holidays/tp/resolutions.htm

Merry Christmas to you , and a Happy New Year filled with joy, laughter, peace and change! Go shake the world and shine brightly because our world needs more people like YOU! Good luck to your Resolutions and hey, second, tenth or fifth times a charm!

xoxo/K

0 comments:

Post a Comment